Deductions from my meditations:
1. You can silence your mind temporarily but as a living human being, your mind will always have thoughts and new thoughts occurring regularly.
2. You are not your thoughts.
3. Your thoughts are not always right. You have only experienced your point of view. Something bad happen to you? That something could prevent something worse from happening.
4. Your mind is very powerful. Most of your problems are created by you and can be easily fixed by a different mindset.
5. Negativity is bad for you and positivity is good for you. Even the smallest amount.